Mental Health First Aid
- (One 8-hour session)
Saturday, March 21, 2015.
8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
Cost: $50 per person and includes lunch. Registration is required.
Held at MHA Community Building,
914 South Street, Lafayette
For more information please call 765-742-1800 or
Youth Mental Health First Aid
- YMHFA classes are being held at the Wabash Valley Education Center
3061 Benton St. West Lafayette, IN
- (One 8-hour session)
- Next course will be in spring of 2015
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Cost: $65 per person and includes lunch. Registration is required.
Go to Wabash Valley Education Center to register. Classes are open to the general public and educators.
Courses may also be provided onsite at your place of business. We welcome 15 to 25 participants per class. For more information please call 765-742-1800 or
To register for a MHFA course via mail, please print REGISTRATION FORM and send completed form and check to Mental Health America, 914 South Street, Lafayette IN 47901.
To register for a MHFA course online complete the following information and in the “Comments” box, please write:
- Name(s) of participant(s) for whom you are paying
- The date of the course you are wanting to take.
A 48-hour cancellation notice is required for a registration refund.
Mental Health First Aid:
An 8-hour interactive training course for adults.
- Presents an overview of mental illness and substance use disorders
- Introduces the risk factors and warning signs of mental health problems
- Builds understanding of the impact of mental illnesses
- Teaches a five-step action plan to help an individual in crisis
Participants who successfully complete the 8-hour program will become a certified “Mental Health First Aider.”
Youth Mental Health First Aid:
An 8-hour training course for adults who work with youth.
- Presents the unique risk factors and warning signs of mental health problems in adolescents
- Builds understanding of the importance of early intervention
- Teaches adults how to help a youth in crisis or a youth who is experiencing a mental health or substance use challenge.
- Teaches a five-step action plan to assist an adolescent in crisis or an adolescent that is exhibiting the sign and symptoms of mental illness
Participants who successfully complete the 8-hour training will become a certified "Youth Mental Health First Aider."